How To Tell If Your Drain Is Blocked
Most people are unaware of the cost and disruption that a blocked drain can cause if left untouched and overflowing. If you ignore the signs of blocked drains in your Hoppers Crossing home and the problem escalates, it will become more difficult and expensive to fix, as well as interfere with your property.
It might be tempting to ignore, but it’s important that you call NLK Plumbing and arrange a plumber as soon as you notice anything out of the ordinary. We’ve compiled this list of the five most common signs of a blocked drain to help you assess the situation and have time to call us before more damage is caused. We highly recommend that you call us to provide a professional solution.
- Slow-Draining Water: The water in your sink, toilet, shower or bath draining slower than usual is a very common sign of Blocked Drains Hoppers Crossing homes are likely to encounter. If you’re showering, you may notice that water is pooling at your feet rather than immediately going down the drain.
- Strange Smell: A bad smell coming out of your drain could be a sign of a blocked drain. Whatever is clogging your drain will eventually release a strange odour as it begins rotting or decomposing in your drains. You won’t need to stick your nose right up to the drain, as you typically can smell it from a distance and it will become hard to ignore.
- Gurgling Noise: Another sign that you’ve got a blocked drain is whether it is making a strange noise. If air is trapped in pipes as a result of a blockage, your drains and toilet will begin making gurgling sounds.
- Rising Toilet Water: An easy sign of a blocked toilet is the water level. A blocked drain will result in your water levels rising more than usual after flushing. If it begins overflowing, immediately call NLK Plumbing to assess the issue instead of grabbing a plunger.
- Wet Spots: A major sign of a damaged or collapsed drain is dampness around your home. If you notice damp patches in the garden or yard, it is important to call a drain cleaning specialist as soon as possible. If this problem is ignored, it can lead to irreversible damage to your home.
NLK Emergency Plumbing Hoppers Crossing
No matter the severity of these signs, we recommend giving your local emergency plumbing company in Hoppers Crossing a call to assess any damage to your home. At NLK Plumbing, we provide upfront and detailed cost of the service for any kind of blocked drains Hoppers Crossing wide. After we’ve inspected your problem, we will determine a suitable solution and only commence repairs once you’ve approved the quote provided by our specialists. We can also assist with hot water issues and general plumbing concerns. Call us today for a solution to your plumbing problem.